Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wooden photo frame decorated


Today I finished decorating the wooden picture frame that I bought in a craft store. It wasn't painted so I chose white acrylic paint ( tw0-three layers were needed). The roof was covered with a gift wrapping paper and to the sides of the house I glued glittered cardstock. Also, I had to cut out the pics and put them against pink and blue backgrounds because the original backgrounds didn't fit to the the style of the frame. To decorate the little apple on top of the house, I put a pink mat behind it . It is also a journaling space :) The cardstock that I used was not long enough so you can actually see where one piece meets the other.. In order to hide it a bit, I dry embossed little birds on white glossy paper, cut them out and glued them on the border of two pieces. The little pink flower in the lower window is actually an earring which I put on a small chain and fixed it behind the pictrue. And finally, I tied a red heart with a key which I found in a Moscow jewelry store some years ago. So that's it, I'm pretty happy with the look of the frame. Maybe I 'll try to emboss the letters in the apple, but I need the embossing tools for this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment